Art Class Size

---------

From: Kelly Selden (kellyselden_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 21:05:41 PST

Hello,
A group of Art Teachers in British Columbia are trying to have the class
size limit lowered for High School art Classes. We currently can have up to
32 students in classes such as Photography, Ceramics and general Art. Home
Economics, and Technology courses are considered Lab courses and are limited
to 24 with a 'fudge factor' of 2. We would like to have art designated as a
lab course as well. Student safety and workload have become a very serious
issue with more and more special needs, learning disabled,behavioral and
international students in Art courses. Please share your situation in
comparison. Thanks for your help.
Kelly Selden

---