Re: 3rd Grade and Color

---------

From: Janice Keenan (jekteachme_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 20:15:36 PST

>point in all this is to do what works so the students
>learn what you =
>want them=20
>to, regardless of the time frame.

That is definitly one of the major challenges of
teaching at elementary level. I have my kids 60
minutes (in theory) a week. In reality about 50
minutes a week. Forget about my Monday and Friday
classes. Many holidays/teacher work days fall on those
days so some classes I might go a few weeks without
seeing them at all! I finally gave up as far as trying
to hurry the kids along to finish. We take our time
and really delve into the project we are working
on...if it takes 4 weeks..oh well! Just finished the
first grading period. My Friday classes had only 2
completed projects -(2 grades) According to my school
district we are supposed to have one grade a
week...yeah..right. So...each project is worth alot of
grades..!
  Jan in Miami