Re:planning for subs

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 18:38:02 PST

Well, last year when I was subbing for an art teacher, I got to do four days of
7 classes of elementary kids doing watercolors of wild flowers. every grade
was the same assignment. A bit redundant, but it was better than the time I
subbed for a music teacher who left the same video for every class- 7 classes
of Toy Story 2-(which, by the way, hasn't got much music in it)-big yawn. I
hated showing videos because it made the day drag on forever.

Anyhow, I am trying to get decent plans ready for subs. I put together a
folder of stuff I thought would work at the beginning of the year, but now that
I know my kids better, I think my sub lessons might be too hard. Most of them
are about drawing and I know my upper elementary kids will sit and yack instead
of drawing. Some of the plans will take too long and I'll end up having to
wrap up the lesson after I get back. Where can I find a list of lessons that
are easy, engaging, and finished in one class period? Is that wishful
thinking?

---