teacher appreciation and principal support

---------

From: Karen Polastri (kpolastri_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 11:19:51 PST

I have two areas that I'm looking for feedback from teachers on.

1. Our PTA is looking for suggestions on how to better connect with
teachers; how do to a better job of communicating/publicizing the
contributions they make at school ... to the education of our students. What
are some of the ways at your school that you feel are effective means to
communicate to the parents and the community the contributions that teachers
make?

2. We are also looking for a "model" for a principal support team (for lack
of better terminology). We want to form a small group of capable, trusted
parents who can support the principal, kind of like parent interns to help
ease the load on his plate so that he's not consistently working 12-14 hour
days.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Karen Polastri
PTA Vice President