re:subs

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 09:40:45 PST

At my school we have a wonderful full time sub that
you have to sign up for weeks in advance. I have found
when I cannot get her and have a bad experience with a
different sub, it is usually my fault for not making
sure my room is sub friendly. For example, the day I
came back after NCAEA I had to have our techie on my
computer for about an hour to get it back to the way
it was. I still don't know what the sub did to it.
Next time, I will unplug it. I also learned that no
matter how detailed my plans are for continuing an
ongoing project- something will go wrong without me
there to teach it. I cannot expect to remember every
single thing that could go wrong, and make sure the
sub knows about it. Therefore, to make it easier on me
and my subs, I am all about using videos. ;) I leave
little treats too- just make sure you leave a note for
the sub that they belong to him or her! Mr. Computer
Sabatoger gave the tootsie rolls I left him to a
student and the rest were jealous!

Jayna