Re: TAEA Vendors

---------

From: Donald Peters (softsnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 15:46:13 PST

I don't believe I ever complained about the vendors "freebies" and I don't
expect the vendors to contribute all the door prizes (I went "backstage" at
the KAEA door prize give away one time, and there was NO WAY the vendors
contributed all they had to give away... they had to have had 5-10 thousand
dollars worth of stuff to give away.

My complaint about the vendors was how rude they were. I tried to talk to
some of them and got the brush off. Others were bad mouthing Lubbock openly
which didn't sit well with me as I live here. Others were nowhere it
sight... and yes, I did go back to those booths several times throughout the
day, and still no-one around. Also, some of them closed up early and vacated
the building... Yeah, they were REAL interested in making new clients.

All I can say is I'll stick with Sax (who was very nice and actually
DEMONSTRATING new products, not standing around complaining) and will
probably order my books from Universal Slide Company... who had a great
display... and I'll do my best NOT to purchase anything produced by Sanford.

Donald Peters