Art Journal ?s

---------

From: Jerry Krasnesky (ceskras_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 09:15:12 PST

FABULOUS site with lots of great questions! Thanks for posting it to the
ring.

For our portfolios (which have an Art section), I have the kids include our
sketches, line drawings, color wheels, etc. I have just decided that I will
take a photo of each child holding his/her production piece (done in the
style of our artist of the month) while standing in front of the artist of
the month bulletin board. We'll mount this photo to a piece of paper with
the artist's name at the top then the kids can write interesting facts about
the artist and his/her work/style, etc. Will cost me some money (do about
one artist per month) but it's well worth it...and will look great!

I also used someone's idea (think her name was Denise Tanaka) re: true/false
questionnaire & titled it 'ideas about art'...will show a progression of
their attitudes toward art if I do one each reporting term...well, or at
least I can hope it does!

Love the great ideas I get from you guys. D

---