Re: subs in highschool

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 07:07:55 PST

kprs@cybernex.net wrote:

> Over the years my students have resented subs who have
> tried to teach them in ways they think is not correct.
> Notice I have said 'think'...I just think it is misplaced
> loyalty on their part.

You're right, they get into this mindset that only the one teacher can
teach them. I always tell them, when I've lined up an art sub, that the
sub might suggest a way of doing something that's different from what I
told them, and that's okay; they might learn a technique that suits them
better. I also tell the art subs to feel free to butt in and make
suggestions.

Maggie

---