Re: TAEA/KAEA

---------

From: Donald Peters (softsnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 13:56:36 PST

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed TAEA for the most part... the workshops were
good (except for the tech. workshop where the presenter couldn't get her
tech. to work... Hello! It's called being prepared!) and I made some good
contacts.

It's just this was my first Texas conference (even though I've been in Texas
six years) and since I know how much work went into it (having helped here
and there) I felt bad for those people who only had very few show up for
workshops that you know they worked hard preparing and the keynote speakers
who only had a handful of people show up.

My biggest complaints (and I said this before, so I won't dwell) were the
vendors and the way door prizes were handled. I admit I was biased, but I
like the way Kansas handles door prizes better (or at least used to, maybe
they don't anymore) They gave them all away at one time in the auditorium...
you didn't have to be there, but almost everybody usually was as they gave
away such great stuff. I have things that I won as door prizes that I am
STILL using 6,7,8 years later... like the supply of cutting tools, x-acto
knives, razor blades, carpet knives, etc.... over 1,000 extra blades and 50+
tools. That was the best prize I ever received...