Dale Chihuly

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 05:09:59 PST

Yesterday was our conference day - I was working on some stuff in the room
and happened to turn on the TV. 'Martha' had an interview/section on Dale
Chihuly. It was long for her show, I thought some of you might be
interested. I am going to try to track down a tape - I am sure a parent or
teacher here taped it.

Louisville just opened a new glassworks gallery/shop. We are taking some of
our primary kids later in the year. They took a wonderful old building
downtown and transformed it - they put in hot glass, cold glass, and
lampworking studios. Some of the area artists in those fields moved their
studios down there, and when you tour you go through their studios.
Visiting artists are there occasionally. The hot glass studio was amazing -
our boys sat right in there as a piece was being made. I can't remember the
name of the gallery - but it moved their from Cincy - just finished a show
featuring an Australian artist - will feature Stephen Powell from Danville,
KY beginning next week.

Eventually they will take the upper floors and make them into apartments for
visiting artists.

Dale Chihuly will be there/here in 2003 -

Please no Martha jokes - I already got them here at school. All I know is I
actually glean a lot from her magazine and shows and anytime I needed more
from them they have faxed it/mailed it no problem.
Ellen

---