Re: worthless subs

---------

From: Jerry Krasnesky (ceskras_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 22:05:02 PST

Do you guys really think the SUBS take your crayons. etc? Maybe I'm a
naive/sheltered Canadian teacher and perhaps things are really 'meaner' in
the US but in my experience KIDS ripped things off left, right & center when
there was a sub around. Remembering from when I was in jr & sr high (when,
sad to say) WE destroyed & ransacked the rooms, and from my SIX years of
subbing (blyeck!) when the kids would try ANYTHING to be complete JERKS cuz
they figured you must be a moron, to now when I'm a regular classroom
teacher & have my own usually well-behaved class turn into animals for a
sub...

Anyway, not like it's any of my business but maybe instead of slamming the
subs you guys should come down HARD on the classes BEFORE the sub comes
in...set big-time consequences for not following routines & procedures so
they might have their need to become hoodlums look like a bad idea instead
of a lot of fun.

Just a suggestion from my humble opinion! What do I know?! D

---