Re: worthless subs

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 18:25:40 PST

In a message dated 11/07/2001 7:18:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mwhiteaz@cybertrails.com writes:

> When I know I'm going to be gone, I check with my favorite sub first to
> see if she's available. If so, she pencils me in and I inform the
> office that she's agreed to sub for me; I also put it on my written
> request for leave that I've got a sub lined up.

Maggie, I do exactly the same thing. Unfortunately, in New York there are
many certified art teachers who can not find jobs. I know of three that are
subs and request them on a regular basis. After years in my district the sub
board, or the people in charge of arranging subs, know which subs to call for
me. My advice is to develop a rapport with both a qualified "art sub" and
the person who arranges a sub for you. If this is impossible, I like Ken's
idea- get some good art videos!
Susan on Long Island

---