Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Alabaster carving?

From: Joe Cox (bjcoxteachart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 19:46:21 PST

Yes, Kids should ware mask. I have seen carved bowls out of alabaster and it looks really difficult. Sculpting out of alabaster is wonderful, it takes some time and is very messy but I believe it would be well worth it. Even basic shapes sculpted from alabaster look really good. Here is a website that tells how to carve alabaster.