Re: Still Life, drawing in general

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 14:47:17 PST

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:
> Or do they hold
>viewfinders, put down and draw a bit, then repeat the process? I guess
>I'm thinking if this is what they did, they might hold the viewfinder
>differently each time they picked it up to look?

One way to get them to hold the viewfinder the same each time is to have them
hold it at arm's length. Theoretically, their arm doesn't get longer as they
draw. But then you still have to get them to understand they need to be
standing in the in the same posture, facing the subject in the same angle. . .
squinting with the same eye. . . . These are the same skills that I had
trouble with myself.

---