Re: Still Life, drawing in general

---------

From: vicki ranck (vranck_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 07:25:28 PST

Hello,
before they start using a viewfinder for a still life, you should discuss
proportion with them. Make them understand that the hole in the viewfinder
is their piece of paper and whatever is in the top of the hole is in the top
of their drawing. same with bottom, sides....pay attention to size
relationships. my students use them very successfully. one particular
favorite is to give them a fake flower and have them do an extreme closeup
in the georgia okeefe style. then draw glue on all lines let dry and then
color with oil pastels blended with baby oil. i got that lesson here ages
ago! good luck
vicki

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/