Re: Still Life, drawing in general

---------

From: Deb Hyland (hyland5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 20:13:11 PST

Hi all:

Regarding the use of viewfinders, I have some questions. I've only had
the kids use them for doing grid pictures before, to isolate each
square. When you use them for doing a section of an actual still life,
how do the kids hold them and draw at the same time? Or do they hold
viewfinders, put down and draw a bit, then repeat the process? I guess
I'm thinking if this is what they did, they might hold the viewfinder
differently each time they picked it up to look? or would they? How
large do you make the openings in the viewfinders?

Sorry to sound so dumb, but I just don't have experience using these,
and it sounds like it could really help with focus.

Deb

---