Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

threats on the job

From: Donald Peters (softsnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 14:25:18 PST

Maybe it's because I'm a male teacher, but if I quit because of a student or
parent threatening me, I would have quit six years ago. The job I'm in now,
I have at least one threat a year, normally from a parent (since I teach
elementary, I can buffalo them pretty well) It's usually the gang bangers
who think they can intimidate me, but a visit from the police normally
informs them otherwise....

My wife's first year teaching (low income junior high) she had a student
report that another student was plotting on killing her because she had
failed his girlfriend. Had to have a police officer with her at all times
for about 2 weeks...

Donald Peters
Lubbock, Texas