Re: Redding, California

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 19:29:11 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
>From: "christine kotarsky" <natu@islc.net>
> I'm glad this subject had come up. I have been interested in moving to N.
> California, particularly Redding. Anyone know of the area? is the art
> education in these parts and is it respected and funded? Is there an arts
> council or a state arts commission, how about an artist in residence
> program? What is the CLAD?
*******************

I know for a fact that Redding is part of our Northern Council of CAEA and
though not as strong as the southern LA area, we're getting stronger. It's a
good time to get involved because it's started to take off and become more
involved in the state art ed. arena. We've hosted some great CAEA State
Conventions in the past and are becoming a very strong force within CAEA.
Many of the CAEA Board members come from our area. In fact, our upcoming
Northern Council President is from Paradise, CA which is near Chico which is
near Redding.

I can't tell you about the Redding district per se. It all depends on the
district whether art teachers are respected or funded. I don't know anything
about an artist-in-residence program because I've not been involved with one
in California.

I can't tell you much about CLAD either as I've not been totally involved
with it yet other than hearing about some of our faculty taking the test
after taking courses and still not passing it. It must be a toughie test. I
need to find out more about it myself before I start giving out info.
Toodles....Bunki

---