Re: 3-D Paintings

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 19:02:57 PST

  I really like the Cubism/Picasso angle on this project. I'm trying to get my students to step outside their boxes - right now they are painting abstracted fruit/vegetables inside hexagonal shapes using split complementary, analagous, or tetrad color schemes. Then they will interpret their hexagon 3 dimensionally in clay (I got the 1st 1/2 of this project at KAEA conference). I think Picasso and fluorescent paint will definately get them out of their box! *L*
  ~Michal
  whest177@wheatstate.com
  http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

  The kids based their paintings on Cubism and Picasso-like portraits. In this way, students used a wide range of colors and shapes and patterns that lent itself well to a 3-d effect. They painted with tempera paint on paper. Each child got a pair of glasses to take home with his/her art work. I rarely repeat lessons from year to year. However, this one was such a hit, and the kids so motivated by it, that I ordered more glasses again for this year's 5th grade. I plan to have a cubistic exhibit and attach glasses for the viewing public to use when looking at the art.