Re: Architecture Lesson

---------

From: Mark Alexander (malexander06_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 18:55:41 PST

Jayna,

This is really cool. I, too, have a hard time with architecture, but you've
got some really great ideas.

One architecture lesson I've done tied in with a social studies unit on
ancient Greece. We studied Doric, Ionic, and Corinthian order architecture,
then went on drawing field trips down in our village (after the linear
perspective unit) and drew Greek Revival architecture. The village was like
a Greek Revival museum.

Unfortunately, I'm at another school now, and the nearby architecture is
less useful for this purpose...not to mention they don't study Ancient
Greece here. So your ideas might be worth a try! Do you have any web sites
where you researched your information? Maybe Judy does.

Thanks, Mark

---