Re: special needs students

---------

From: Dori (fcudworth_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 17:22:15 PST

Cindy, I am looking for some info for an artist friend of mine who is
teaching a once a week self contained enrichment course to what she tells
me are "developmentally disabled teens" at a local private art
gallery/museum/school. Since I've been teaching art for sixteen years, all
of which has been high school and half of which has been with "emotionally
challenged" teens, she expected I would have a clue. I have lent her my
copy of "Exceptional Children, Exceptional Art", but I'm not certain what
she means by developmentally disabled either. What I believe she is
looking for is some help with types of activities, although I'd like to
get back to her with some of your questions and find out more specifically
what her situation is. Please don't give up on me, Thanks, Dori

---