Dennis in stockton-any advice?

---------

From: bex.chill (bex.chill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 12:27:43 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: <Daceballos@aol.com>
To: "ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.pub.getty.edu>
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2001 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: Tips to drawing trees

> This list-serve is great! We just happen to be working on a unit on
trees
> (Art 1, H.S.). So, your ideas and tips are much appreciated. We're doing a
> value thing with aerial perspective. The trees in front are darker and get
> lighter as they go back in space. I show them on the over-head projector
how
> to split the branches up into "Y's", "V's" and, yes, "U's". I tell them
not
> to use rulers, they tend to look like telephone poles. I also tell them to
go
> "off the page" with the branches.
> Then we'll go outside with sketch books and sketch some of the gnarled
> old trees which line the chain-link and barbed wire fence by the railroad
> tracks in front of the abandoned Heinz ketchup factory buildings just
outside
> the art room.
> Dennis in Stockton, CA
>
> ---
>
> Hi, Iam an a-level student and my current project is insects. Iam
particularly concentrating on the sculptural shapes of beetles and the
beautiful wings of dragonflies.I need to find a contempory artist who could
influence my final piece (don't have a clue what my final piece will be!),
they don't have to be directly linked with insects,but if their work was
'insect-like' it would be ideal!You seem to have some excellent ideas about
trees any insect advice to add to it ?
        thanks,
                   Rebecca.

---