Re: Art is Problem Solving

---------

From: Cindi Hiers (suwanneecrew_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 06:15:34 PST

Good Morning everyone! Homecomming week is over--we
won our game--and ALL art projects were great! We all
know how homecomming and "can I borrow" is for art!!
Anyway, I wanted to comment on Roberta's entry. Last
year the Valedictorian named me as the teacher that
most inspired him. It was really cool, we got a front
page picture/story and it was continued to a second
page. He was not a good artist, I didn't know he was a
4. student, this came as a total surprize to me, but
he said I inspired him to "freely express his feelings
and except others" and I "taught problem solving
skills". Just thought I'd share this. Have a good one!
Cindi

> I call this problem solving which I feel is now the
> most important thing that
> art can
> teach us. for our life skills. Give the students a
start --a good
> beginning - and then from
> there on they need to think for themselves
Roberta

leave-artsednet-7600Y@lists.getty.edu