Re: Miriam Shapiro

---------

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilensk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 04:23:49 PST

Michal,

This may be of interest to you. As you know, I was a presenter at the MAEA conference this
weekend, doing "fuzzy monters". It went pretty well. That's not why I'm writing, though.
While waiting for an award ceremony to end, I was sitting in the hall outside the banquet room.
Two ladies came up, saw that the meeting was not over, and sat down on the bench beside me. We
had a wonderful conversation about many things of no great consequence. Both were art teachers,
the older lady a former art teacher. I noticed that both ladies had New York accents and
asked where they were from: Long Island. I have a brother who lives in NY state, so we talked
some more, then I asked
"what brings you two ladies here"? The older lady said, "I'm the featured speaker". It was
Miriam Shapiro!!! My brush with greatness, I guess.

---