resource for cat images

---------

From: lia (johns392_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 22:55:53 PST

I am preparing a lesson/unit on cats for my second graders and found the
book called: The Indispensable Cat by Jean-Claude Suares [ISBN:
1567312810] at Barnes and Noble on their bargain rack for 6.98. This is a
large (190 pages....coffee table format) amazing book which has images on
almost every page. It tracks cats through history....primarily art
history. Included are famous images and many not-so-famous images from
around the globe. It includes advertising images, cartoons, folk art, post
cards and photos. Virtually every image is useful.....three pages have
nudes I nixed. It also has stories, history, poems and so on. I bought
three copies .....two to cut up...and one to keep. For those who might not
have a Barnes close....it is also online but it is 9.99 there. Don't
forget they give a teacher discount. Amazon might have it also. As might
half.com.
...lia

---