letters from Ca. students for NYC teachers & students

---------

From: Denise Tanaka (dartist25_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 21:12:58 PST

Hello,

I'm looking for a teacher in the NYC area where your students have been
deeply affected by the WTC attacks. My 7/8th grade students have just
finished a mural project on Uniting Our Country, and part of their
assignment was to write a letter to students their own age who have been
directly affected and may have family, friends, etc. in the area at the
time of the attacks. Of couse we've ALL been deeply hurt as a nation, but
being in California and watching it on television must be a huge
difference and we can only imagine what you are all experiencing
firsthand.
The letters offer their thoughts, condolences...many are quite touching.

I wouldn't expect a response back from your students, though if they
wanted to do so on an individual basis that would be great. We're in the
city of Burbank, located 10 miles east of Los Angeles in the San Fernando
Valley. Please email me privately if you're interested or know of anyone
that would also be interested.

Thank you!
Denise Tanaka
John Muir Middle School