Re: Tech help for media arts teachers

---------

From: Judi Carter (judihc_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 19:39:45 PST

This was on the Blue Web'n update. Perhaps it will help. It's a start.

Judi in NC

Filtering: No Easy Answers ****
http://www.pla.org/technotes/filtering.html

This Web-based paper, written for the technology section of the Public
Library Association, can be a good starting point for school and library
personnel responsible for making decisions on filtering. No
recommendations are made here (this is very vendor neutral). The article
instead introduces the reader to the terminology of filters, and
provides key questions for planning and evaluation of this technology.