Re: What to Put in a Still Life?

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 12:57:49 PST

One observational drawing I do is to give each student a small cup of ink
and paper and take them outside. We draw a tree and the surrounding shrubs
using found objects. Dandelions make wonderful realistic leaf clumps.
For indoor drawing, I like to have them use magazine pictures and to either
draw the picture upside down, or to cut it in 1/2 and have them finish the
picture. Both work well for truely looking at the objects.
~Michal
whest177@wheatstate.com
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids