What to Put in a Still Life?

---------

From: Joe Cox (bjcoxteachart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 10:38:10 PST

 I am trying to come up with some interesting drawing props for the still life that I have my students draw. The stuff that I have isn't very exciting and I have been trying to find things that they would find more interesting. I believe that motivation is key to learning and creating art. Drawing the same old stuff or items that have no interest to the students makes still life work rather boring. So if anyone has a great idea of items I might look for at garage sales or something to add excitement to still life drawing and painting I would greatly appreciate it.
 Plus I remember a discussion this summer on how important observation drawing is in art education. I want to do only observation drawing in my class but finding it hard to come up with ideas on what to draw. What other type of observation drawing do you do in class other then still life? Any ideas? Hope all is going well for everyone.
 Joe in OKC Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

---