animation program- suggestions?

---------

From: Michelle H. Harrell (michelle_h_harrell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 07:00:27 PST

Howdy fellow artsednetters!

I'm doing a major project where I want to import students' drawings as
separate frames for an animation and "tween" them so it appears smooth. I
had planned to use Flash because I'm familiar with it but someone recently
told me that Flash should be used mainly for web animations and recommended
Adobe AfterEffects. Someone else at my school suggested Macromedia Director
because our school already has it and it can do similiar shows. What
software program would you suggest that would be best for animating
sequential drawings that would be easy enough for Art II students with
little or no computer graphics background to learn? We're a technology
magnet so these students learn quickly. But, I want to incorporate animation
into what I'm already teaching (figure drawing)- not teach 5 weeks of the
technology and sacrifice our existing curriculum. Thanks in advance!

Michelle H. Harrell
http://harrell.srhs.net
michelle_h_harrell@hotmail.com
Southeast Raleigh High School