Frederick Judd Waugh

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 17:36:47 PST

I recently discovered that the seascape painter Frederick Judd Waugh also
created driftwood creatures that he called "munes". He included several of
these munes in his more fanciful paintings. They are fascinating sculptures,
and I think if I could come up with some visuals that my students would
enjoy working along this line. Has anyone else seen these or know where I
could get one or two visuals? All I can find are copies of Waugh's
seascapes, and while beautiful, don't hold the same appeal to me as his
lesser known munes.
TIA!
~Michal
whest177@wheatstate.com