Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

portrait jars

From: Christene Sandeson (c.sandeson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 13:11:20 PST

Hi Melissa - I was interested in this a year ago and did some net
searches and found a few examples to add to those that members of
the group had offered. Here is what I have on the vases in
particular and pre columbian art in general. I found it very hard to
locate images of the portrait jars and would like to have more sites
on this if someone has some really good ones.

christene in NS

Peruvian Ceramics

Pre-Columbian art:

Maya (Lesson):

Mystery of the Maya link Canadian Museum of Civilizations

Inca (Lesson):

Pre-Columbian Ceramics:

I do a lesson with 7th grade:

Hopi Coil Baskets (yarn - rope)

Click on 7th Grade

How to make

Native American Basket Links:

Native American Coil BAsket

Pine Coiled Baskets

Lesson plan (slide show):

I found this site -- Middle School Lesson Plans -- (has link to coil baskets)