Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: Miriam Shapiro

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 12:58:42 PST

Hooray - brings tears to my eyes!
Thanks for sharing.

-----Original Message-----
From: The Austin's []
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2001 10:31 PM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: Miriam Shapiro

Today was my field trip to the museum with my 6th graders to view the
Shapiro exhibit. It was fantastic! Bright bold colors and patterns just
my breath away. My students were excited about the entire trip, and as
pulled up to the museum they immediately recognized the 28'x52' Miro
that adorns the front of the building. We hadn't studied Miro since 2nd
grade, so imagine my excitement! Inside one of the galleries I had to
when I discovered that a couple of nude paintings hadn't gone unnoticed
my pre-pubescent boys, and they were actually reading the bio sheet that
next to the painting (which were over a page long). Wonder if I can
that as my reading strategy for the week? *L* The students were
with the entire museum and asked our tour guide very impressive
They wanted to talk about the paintings, the museum security system, how
they protect the artwork from fires and tornados, and what kind of
you need to be an artist or work at a museum. We returned to school with
minutes to spare and our administrator came in to ask about our trip.
students were anxious to share everything they had learned. I was so
of my kids! If you ever need reinforcement that your students are
anything just have them discuss art to an "outsider". My eyes were
definately opened to what they are learning! :-)

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (