Re: Impending paper-mache disaster! any advice?

---------

From: Stephanie Soper (stephannie2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 18:55:55 PST

Personally, I think tissue paper WOULD be terribly difficult to work with
for paper mache... I have done a paper mache lesson before and we used
strips of newspaper (approximately 1"x4") in wheat paste/wallpaper paste [I
don't know what Ross paste is - it may be the same thing - I plead ignorance
here]... perhaps you could apply newspaper over what you already have (for
more strength and stability) and then have them do a layer or two of white
strips of paper on top of the newspaper (to block out the newspaper
images/text) and then do some tissue paper on top of that (for color)! Just
make sure they don't all look the same! Variety is great - let the students
be creative - tons of martha stewart replicas are a little boring, so
perhaps you can have them use different colors of tissue paper, embellish
them or paint on them, etc in their own way!

<DIV>Art Education Major</DIV>
<DIV>Appalachian State University</DIV></html>

>From: BibelotsOutpost@aol.com
the first graders