Re: California dreaming?

---------

Bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 17:04:45 PST

In a message dated 11/01/2001 3:49:13 PM Pacific Standard Time,
seapearls_@hotmail.com writes:

> Thinking of possibly moving to California. Anyone have any thoughts ideas,
> suggestions on where is a good place to live-any job sites-pages on cost of
> living and all that fun stuff.

Almost every city has a website or chamber of congress that will tell you
about the city. Cost of living varies. Up north near Oregon it is cheaper,
the Bay area is out of sight but we need teachers and they might give you
your years of experience and then you could make some descent money, housing
is high though. Middle California coast is beautiful but not many jobs.
Central Valley is good for jobs and the cost of living is not bad, but it is
hot in summer and foggy cold in winter, lots of people moving there. L.A. is
smoggy and big and weird (at least for me) and the San Diego area is costly
and full but maybe in need of teachers.

I have lived in CA all my life so I don't know much about anywhere else. I
love it here and will not leave until I retire and then to another place in
CA.

Ken Schwab
San Jose CA

---