Fashion Design Programs

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 13:05:47 PST

I went to Pratt for Fashion Design and worked in the industry some 25 years
ago. I still have friends in the industry and their recommendation is
Parsons.

Many of the industry leaders teach part time at Parsons and they have a
great Intern program. I'm not sure what is happening at F.I.T. or Pratt
these days.
But I must say that anyone sincerely interested in fashion needs to be in
NY. NY is still the fashion capital and the resources can not be equaled
in other cities.

I am very honest with my students that think they want to go into fashion.
It's an ugly, cut throat business and LOTS of dues to be paid. If you don't
"eat and sleep" fashion, you will never make it. There is lots of glamour,
but there is also much hard hard work. I know no others, in design, that
have tougher skins than those in the fashion business.

I'd be happy to offer more advice... e-mail me personally

Patty

---