salary follow up

---------

From: brenda robson (robsonbrenda_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 08:43:54 PST

I don't have a BA (only and AA in Graphic Art) so I don't think I can ask
33k, can I? The school has 650 kids. I don't think they'd have that much.
I currently make 13k part time w/out benefits but I get full tuition for
my 2 kids (private school.)
I'd like my kids to go there and it's not my home school so that's my
biggest motivation if my school closes down, but I don't want to short
change myself because of emotions. or lack of knowledge.
Should I negotiate benefits? My husbands job is iffy since 9/11. Should
I have them take out taxes or do a contract labor situation?
Someone suggested asking for a sub's pay per day. What do you all think?

This forum has always helped me so much in these major life decisions!
Brenda

---