Re:Statue of Liberty Lesson

---------

From: Vivian Komando (komandv_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 18:18:48 PST

Try this site. I don't know what age you teach, but I
have used this with my high school students.

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~CAP/LIBERTY/lady_frm.html

There are a lot of different direction you could create a
lesson from on this site.

I have all these doors in my classroom and the students
and I have painted various things on them. On one door I
have the Statue of Liberty holding a paint palette in one
hand and brushes in the hand she hold the torch. You
might want to do a lesson where the Statue of Liberty
holds different things that are important to our freedom.
Just a thought:)

Vivian

=====
Increase the Peace ~^~ {^}Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. Robert F. Kennedy