Re: looking for statue of liberty lesson!

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 17:09:05 PST

A friend of mine just did a unit on the Statue of Liberty. I have the ideas
jotted down, but no lesson plans. Her student projects were fantastic!
~ Younger students drew the statue on dk. green paper and then colored the
background with dark colors. The statue was colored lightly with yellow.
~Another younger class cut the statue's face and crown from green paper and
outlined details with black crayon.
~ One class drew the statue on the printmaking foam boards and printed them
with bright colors "Pop Art Style" and displayed with 4 different colors
together.
~ Drawn on green paper and cut out. Placed on red/white/blue collaged paper.
~ Upper level middle school colored the statue realistically with colored
pencil.
I know there were other ideas - I'll see if I can find them. She had one
different lesson for each grade level. All pictures were based upon the book
"Liberty".
~Michal