Re: help me load my kiln

---------

From: Michelle Lowe (mishlowe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 17:46:12 PST

At 05:20 PM 11/29/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm loading the kiln for the first time, and I don't
>have enough of the pillars, I guess you'd call them,
>to hold up the shelves. I only found four and I need
>at least eight. The shelves are really heavy- any
>ideas? I plan to call the last teacher who was at my
>school- luckily she teaches at the high school down
>the street. But just in case- what do you all use?

Hi Jayna,

You can use three per shelf if you set them in a tripod and it will be very
stable.

Also, if you have any firebrick available that will work for "stilts"
(pillars), also called "posts".

Make sure it is firebrick, not house brick, or it can melt in the firing.

I hope this helps!

Michelle

Michelle Lowe, potter in the Phoenix desert |/ |
mishlowe@amug.org -O- | |
mishy@desertdragonpottery.com /| | | |
|_|_|
http://www.desertdragonpottery.com ____ |