RE: black crayon or media that will melt?

---------

From: Freeland, Susan (FREELAS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 11:43:26 PST

Michelle,
I used to do a similar project at the beginning of the school year with the
students names.
they would fold the paper, write their name on the fold, (print or cursive,
both work). fold the paper back up and rub with the curved end of the
scissors. When you open it the lines are there but a little faint. Redraw
with black crayon, turn the picture on it's side and create an alien or
other such creature. i like this lesson because I am horrible with names (I
have so many more to learn than the classroom teacher) and it helps me to
use the students names. the aliens all come out great too. sometimes we
would go around the outside and create contour lines and shapes.
Hope this helps,
sue