Re: Need Career Ed sites

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 07:33:58 PST

> Thanks for the information. What grade was it that you are teaching this
> to, how are you doing it, and what State is it that you teach?

Pat, I do this project with 7th Grade. I distribute the cards (blind
draw) and have the kids divide their 12x18" paper into 3 sections - 1
vertical line appx. 1/3 of horizontal paper, then 1 line horizontally on
remaining 2/3. Top section is the name of the career, left side is for
an illustration of that career, and remaining section is for the "help
wanted info". I'm in Kansas. Share with us whatever wonderful lessons
you come up with - I'd love a good high school lesson on careers!
~Michal