Re: Protecting and Rationing Supplies (partially a vent)

---------

From: The Whites (bolide_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 17:04:19 PST

It is sad when parents and other professionals don't act in a way that they
would expect others to do in their homes or work spaces. I have a wonderful
room, wonderful because of all the work I have put into organizing it. A
group of girl scouts, a group of boy scouts, and a fellow teacher use it
after school for meetings, mainly because it is "so nice." I put up signs
indicating "no food or drink allowed" because of stains on the newly cleaned
carpet only one week after I begged to get it cleaned; "teachers desk and
cabinets off limits" after things were taken which were personal (now I lock
what I can); and if you "borrow it, return or replace it' It really does
amaze me that scouts would be allowed to act in such a way. The only reason
I gave permission in the first place was because I thought these folks were
responsible and mature. Thanks for letting me vent. Linda W in Norman, OK