Re: watercolor names

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 03:53:13 PST

> I was using tube watercolors with seventh graders the other day and the
> name "hooker's green" was a great source of amusement to some of the
> guys...Does anyone on the list know what or where the 'hooker' in this
> green comes from?

Personally, I have my own theory on where names for colors come from (it
involves a dark, secretive room, a bouncer gaurding the door, and alot
of illegal activities going on...)*Just kidding! Nov00FINAL Has anyone painted
their house lately or read the names on some of Crayola's crayons
(exactly what color is "Grandma's Perfume" anyway?). Someone has a good
time naming them!
~Michal