Re: moldy clay

---------

From: Jayna Ledbetter (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 14:42:01 PST

I know some of you think I am crazy for throwing out
moldy clay- but I do want you to know that what I
threw out was really junk- bits of string and paper
and bugs even in plastic buckets with no lids- it was
all dried out. I have salvaged alot of it- yes some of
what I kept was moldy too- I covered dry clay with
water and I am lucky enough to have a parent volunteer
mix it up and wedge it to desired consistency. She
came in today and mixed another batch for me and I am
so grateful! Whomever made the comment about itchy
hands is right-itchy nostrils too! But getting rid of
all that dusty buggy clay was a good idea for me. I
just hate knowing that someone out there may have
found it useful.
I am getting excited reading the posts about paper
casting- I can't wait to do this! The wheels are
turning...
Jayna