budget stress and textbooks...

---------

Mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 04:17:29 PST

Hi All,
I've been lurking lately. Much to do with budgets. I also have a very early
deadline for my art budget at two elementaries. The Art bids are the first
sent out, in January.
Which is a good situation, we are the first to get to the available money.
My dilemma is that I had this great brainstorm, I wanted to blow my entire
budget on a set of art textbooks.
The rub is that any textbook purchases have to go through different channels.
You have to present to the school board, and get approval. yadda yadda
yadda...
(the likelyhood of getting that approved is very slim) I can hear it now" We
never had that before, why do we need it now ?" )

I guess my only recourse is to find a grant that will enable me to get what I
want for my program. The other thought is fundraisers. Which I am more than
willling to bust my hump for if it means getting texts for my kids.
Any thoughts, ideas, verbal lambastings, or directions that I should look in
would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for being here, I was Thankful for you all over the holiday...
(except those of you who already have bright shiny new art texts and no
budget problems..... just kidding !!)
Christine B. :)