Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: PRogram to use with Mavica Camera

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 15:38:03 PST

Alice Ann,
I have a Mavica and I love it. I use Adobe Photo Deluxe to edit most
photos for my web site. The newest examples are found at
I do most of my work on a Mac but if you are a PC person, there is
a fantastic program called Maview and Viewpix that you can download
for $29.95 or get on disc for $39.95. I could not have made it without it
this year. Just pop in the floppy and you can see all the images at once.
Then you can print out a contact sheet and it allows you to quickly
rename each image so you aren't confused by the meaningless MV1.009
numbers the camera gave to each pix. I use the contact sheet to print out
small portraits of my students for my photo seating charts. Then it allows
you to print out various sized images from wallet to 8 X 10. My students
each have a wallet sized photo on their art notebooks. I'm actually
learning more names this year.
That should get you to the site that sells the software. I did a search for
maview and viewpix when I first went looking. I think Viewpix is the
company name. Viewpix is also a part of the software which allows you to
set up nifty slide shows using your Mavica photos.
The software does lots of other stuff I've yet to learn about.
I believe it's the best $40 I've ever spent on any technology.
Check it out and let me know what you think.
Woody in KC wrote:
> Does anyone have a favorite program that you use to tweak your pics
> that you
> take with the Mavica camera? What is the best size camera to get?
> Does
> anything else have to portability of a floppy disk like the Mavica?
> I have been using a borrowed one from the Community College where I
> teach
> part time and I LOVE IT!
> I want to learn more how to use it.
> Thanks in advance for your info.
> Where has eveybody been over the holidays? Eating turkey?
> I've missed the contact. Alice Ann in Bowling Green

I'm from Kansas, where the voters threw out
To respond to me privately via E-mail
click on
You are welcome to visit my Web Site at
the new URL for school is