Re: new teacher seeks help with aggressive students

---------

From: Bill Sechler (BillSe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 07:42:32 PST

Go over the rules of behavior for the school and classroom and provide a printed copy to the students, remind them of proper protocol and go on with the lesson you expect them to learn.

>>> backstromscool@hotmail.com 11/26 9:23 AM >>>
I am a new teacher, actually not even yet out of teachers college. I am
experiencing some pretty extreme difficultys with a group of high school
boys. I living currently in Cairo, Egypt and doing my teaching practicum at
an American School. My major problem seems to be that my students don't
believe that there are genuine consequences to their actions. The boys in
my class like to get in my face and ask questions such as, what will happen
if I hit you? or you won't really go to the headmaster if I hit a girl.

How do I handle this? I need help desperately!

sarah backstrom

---
You are currently subscribed to artsednet as: Billse@fsusd.k12.ca.us