Re: PRogram to use with Mavica Camera

---------

From: Ann Wilschke (awilschk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 05:49:23 PST

I am wondering where you can get the best price on one of these
cameras. Any ideas? Thanks. Ann Wilschke
>Does anyone have a favorite program that you use to tweak your pics that you
>take with the Mavica camera? What is the best size camera to get? Does
>anything else have to portability of a floppy disk like the Mavica?
>I have been using a borrowed one from the Community College where I teach
>part time and I LOVE IT!
>I want to learn more how to use it.
>Thanks in advance for your info.
>Where has eveybody been over the holidays? Eating turkey?
>I've missed the contact. Alice Ann in Bowling Green

From owner-artsednet Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:16:32 -0500
From: "Sears, Ellen" <ESears@Anchorage.k12.ky.us>
To: "'artsednet@web1.pub.getty.edu'" <artsednet@web1.pub.getty.edu>
Subject: RE: Cool Word: Baroque
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:16:32 -0500

Baroque [adj. buh-ROKE, ba-ROKE or ba-ROCK]

In the 17th century, Baroque was a style of artistic expression
marked by its juxtaposition of contrasting elements. Painting,
sculpture, architecture, and music described as Baroque often use
complex forms and bold ornamentation.

In its day, the baroque style was a much admired standard. Today,
the word is often used to describe something that is ornamental to an
extravagant or bizarre degree.

Baroque can also be used to describe an irregularly shaped gem. This
meaning is closest to the word's roots. In the 1700s, baroque was
borrowed from the French, which in turn was derived from the
Portuguese barroco (a pearl of irregular shape).

Caravaggio was an Italian baroque painter:
http://www.kfki.hu/~arthp/bio/c/caravagg/biograph.html

About Baroque painter Peter Paul Rubens:
http://www.trabel.com/antwerp/antwerp-liferubens.htm