AOL/Getty Problem

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 04:27:20 PST

I'm getting almost as many e-mails off the list as on (I use filters and can
tell what comes from the Getty and what comes directly to me). Many of these
from AOL people who have not received any e-mails over the holiday. If you
are on AOL and receive this e-mail me OFF THE LIST kimberly@wcc.net . I've
suggested the following to the people that have contacted me
1. double check - it may be that it is so slow it seems like nothing. I know
the Getty has been slow with people off, same with my 1st amendment list,
and my children's museums list. On the other hand my digital photography and
imaging lists are way up over the holiday.
2. check your filters that they have not accidentally been set to dump Getty
mail in your recycling bin (happened to me on another list once)
3. Contact AOL and ask for their help (good luck)
4. Open a web based e-mail account and subscribe using that address
5. Get off AOL and use a local ISP (sorry but I don't like them they seem to
be very controlling)

If there is some advice I've overlooked, please e-mail me OFF THE LIST
kimberly@wcc.net and I'll forward the info to them.

Sorry about clogging the bandwidth with this.

Kimberly Herbert (kimberly@wcc.net)
CAM Administrator